As some of you know, I teach QI Gong, and Nei Gong. In both martial arts, and Chinese medicine circles they are what we call QI management and cultivation exercises, or life extension exercises. During our intake process you may recall me saying that we can look at Qi as either energy on the verge becoming matter or matter on the verge of becoming energy. It’s Qi that circulates blood thought our body.
In classical China, Qi Gong and Ni Gong where kept hidden and secret. These internal exercises where used by the Chinese Emperors to extended life, and promote proper mechanical function of the body well into a person’s senior years. They where designed to insure the emperor could live 100 years or longer.
In Chinese medicine QI is the the key force behind blood circulation, and feels like a pulse. During Qi Gong practice people report sensing a powerful blood flow into their hands and feet. Often it takes people by surprise how warm they feel after making just a few movements. The classical text books of Chinese Medicine states virtually every disease is caused by lack of blood to organs, to joints, and to extremities. Qi Gong can circulate more blood thorough your body then jogging!
So how is Qi Gong different then jogging? When we practice Qi Gong or Nei Gong the body is totally relaxed yet the blood of the body is mobilized to its fullest potential. Because there is no stress response or cortisol release, which contracts blood vessels, the blood can enter areas that may have been blocked off for years. Microcirculation to the forehead is increased and digestion is greatly improved with Qi Gong Practice.
Health benefits of Qi Gong & Nei Gong:
- Warms the blood & improves whole body circulation
- Stimulates appetite, sexual function, assimilation of nutrients, digestion and elimination
- Accelerates metabolism, weight loss, and decreases need for sleep
- Bolsters the immune system by reducing cortisol
- Improves dexterity. reflexes, and prevents osteoporosis
- Opens arteries allowing greater brain based microcirculation to prevent Alzheimer’s disease
- Enhances mental acuity, focus and concentration
- Helps to organize the central nervous system, and auto regulate stress