Celluma Light Therapy for the Treatment of Dermal Wounds
Light therapy accelerates tissue repair, decreases wound size and accelerates wound closure as well as other beneficial effects. Celluma has been demonstrated to promote dermal wound healing as well as help reduce the pain associated with the healing process. Celluma is intended to be used for dermal wound healing referring to the treatment of surface wounds existing at the outer 2mm of the skin and including normal, acute post-surgical and chronic wound healing.
Ideal for use following surgery to enhance healing of incisions or non-healing wounds, Celluma LED therapy can help reduce patient down-time and fight infection while increasing overall patient satisfaction.
Research for Low Level Light Therapy, also known as LED therapy, was conducted by NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center out of concern for astronauts who might be injured or become ill during long term space flight. NASA developed LED (light emitting diode) technology that showed great promise for delivering light energy deep into the body to promote wound healing and human tissue growth. The therapeutic benefits of LED therapy show cellular absorption of photons (light energy) and the increased production of the form of energy which cells utilize to fuel cellular activity is then used to power metabolic processes, which includes the proteins and enzymes needed to repair or regenerate cells.
Celluma is beneficial after any ablative procedure as well as pre- and post-surgery for the following reasons:
- Accelerates tissue repair, decreases wound size, accelerates the healing of abnormal redness of the skin, and accelerate wound closure.
- Using Celluma prior to surgery may reduce raised scars and keloids.
- Using Celluma after surgery can help to produce collagen and elastin and can produce keratin to provide structural strength to the skin.
- Prevents post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
- Activation of specific cells which can decrease inflammation and protect against infection.
- Phototherapy is anti-bacterial. The presence of P-acne bacteria can lead to post-operative infections, particularly in shoulder surgery. Using the professional grade LED light therapy prior to surgery can decrease the presence of this bacteria