Acupuncture and Chinese medicines has been used over the centuries to promote conception, support pregnancy, and induce labor. Acupuncture points can be viewed as a communication networks points that can be selected to aid in fertility, stabilize pregnancy, and incuse labor. Current research on acupuncture supports that acupuncture can assist with:
- Increased blood flow to the uterus to promote implantation.
- Improved ovarian function, which may help produce better quality eggs and a larger number of follicles.
- Reduced side effects of drugs used in ART procedures.
- Decreased uterine contractions, intended to encourage implantation, and prevent early miscarriage.
- Reduction of stress hormones and anxiety.
- The ability to strengthen a patient’s immune system and support overall general health, which may in turn help to prevent miscarriage.
Acupuncture can improve women’s health by decreasing the following fertility conditions:
- Stress-related infertility
- Elevated FSH
- Poor response to ART stimulation
- Habitual miscarriage
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Auto-Immune Antibodies
Acupuncture Can Help Your Male Partner Too For Conception
At the Stratford Acupuncture & Wellness Center, we can help your partner too. If your partner has been diagnosed with a low sperm count or motility problems, acupuncture and herbs may be able to increase sperm count and improve motility.